Pinhole Discussion


Double exposure, using two different pinholes,  90* to one another. I used the black camera shown below, with one piece of paper, 4" x 7",  placed on the long side. I first uncovered the pinhole on the end of the camera (90* to the paper), and then uncovered the pinhole perpendicular to the photo paper (on the opposite "long" side).





















 Since paper negatives are quite contrasty, you can sometimes use the positive OR the negative as your final image.





















Pinhole creates a lot of "happy accidents", like the image seen here.












































THE DOLLHOUSE SERIES








































These cameras were used to create the Dollhouse Series. Since the focus is infinite, I could place the camera within inches of the dollhouse furniture and still get a fairly focused image.








This is my bathroom / darkroom. I love it. :-)




This shot was a gift. I love to catch my children playing, unaware of the camera.
To me, there is beauty in daily life. It's my goal to notice the beauty around me.


Comments

Thersites said…
I've always loved these pictures. Thanks for the reprise. And yes, I know, they really ARE models for the doll house images. ;)
Jen said…
I'm glad you've enjoyed them, FJ. I really regret getting rid of that old doll house, now. It was perfect for this kind of photography.
Ducky's here said…
Several have an eerie quality.

Third one down could be out of "The Turn of the Screw".
Speedy G said…
Which version, ducky?

from Wiki There have been numerous film adaptations of the novel. The critically acclaimed The Innocents (1961), directed by Jack Clayton, and Michael Winner's prequel The Nightcomers (1972) are two particularly notable examples. Other feature film adaptations include Rusty Lemorande's 1992 eponymous adaptation (set in the 1960s); Eloy de la Iglesia's Spanish-language Otra vuleta de tuerca (The Turn of the Screw, 1985); Presence of Mind (1999), directed by Atoni Aloy; and In a Dark Place (2006), directed by Donato Rotunno. The Others (2001) is not strictly an adaptation, but borrows themes from the story.
Ducky's here said…
The Innocents is the one to see, Farmer.

Deborah Kerr in a fine performance.
Jen said…
I know this is the third (?!) time I've posted these. It's for an online discussion with some art students. :-)
Z said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts